Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Chimney Fire

These firefighters made quick work of a chimney fire at this house. By the time I got into position to take the picture, they had it tackled, and as far as I can tell, no big damage to the house. Although, it probably will smell smoky for a while. Wood-burning fireplaces aren't as common as they used to be in the Boise area. Gas fireplaces seem to be the norm these days.


  1. I'm so glad it wasn't any worse. We've seen entire houses taken down by chimney fires here.

  2. Thank goodness it wasnt the entire house. My mother had a wood burning stove for her heater in her basement for years. They finally moved on up.


Thanks for stopping by!